On Call Information Regarding Ultrasound
- Patient name and CR #
- Patient location
- Examination requested
- Requisition sent
NOTIFY ultrasound technologist ASAP (phone or leave a note in the ultrasound office). The sooner the request is known, the sooner the exam can be completed.
AFTER HOURS – NO TECHNOLOGIST
- Cases to be done the following day – PLEASE DO NOT GIVE APPOINTMENT TIMES TO ER OR TO THE PATIENT :
- Weekdays – bookings clerk available – Have requisition sent and prioritize for the bookings person.
- Weekends – Leave a handover note for the technologist (with the needed information from above) letting the services know if there is no requisition the ultrasound cannot be done.
- Urgent Scans:
- Room 4 is always unlocked.
- If patient ordered and accessioned, use scheduler (if not ordered manually, input patients name, DOB, and CR#).
- When examination is completed, fill out the downtime sheets and leave at the front desk.
- Endocavitary probes are in the room opposite # 4.
- Always SHUT DOWN machines, not Standby.
If you have any questions regarding the ultrasound machines, protocols, etc., please just ask any of the sonographers.