Cardiac CT and MRI Rotation Expectations
Welcome to your Cardiac Rotation. Dr. Dominique DaBreo, Dr. Rob Dhillon, and Dr. Justin Flood are your friendly Cardiothoracic Radiologists found in the Cardiothoracic Reporting Room 22.1.166.
CARDIAC CT/MRI Goals
Daily Work Flow - Cardiac MRI
Daily Workflow - Cardiac CT
Cardiac CT and MRI templates
Please ensure for Dr. Flood, Dr. Rob Dhillon and Dr. Dominique DaBreo to use the templates for Chest reporting. Please reference Cardiac CTA, CT pulmonary vein, TAVI, Cardiac MRI and Aorta MRI templates. Please clone templates into your macros in advance of the rotation.
SUGGESTED READING/TUTORIALS PRIOR TO START OF ROTATION
http://pubs.rsna.org/doi/pdf/10.1148/rg.2015140181 Current and Novel Imaging Techniques in Coronary CT
http://pubs.rsna.org/doi/pdf/10.1148/rg.291085052 A Pattern-based Approach to Assessment of Delayed Enhancement in Nonischemic Cardiomyopathy at MR Imaging
Cardiac CT protocols
1. CORONARY CTA (ECG gated heart) +/- CALCIUM SCORE
2. ASCENDING AORTA (can be done with or without IV contrast and gated or non-gated).
3. PULMONARY VEIN (ECG -Gated heart).
4. TAVI (Retrospective ECG gated heart, nongated CTA CAP)
5. DISSECTION: LDT chest without and contrast enhanced chest arterial phase. If positive study for Type B should extend study to include abdomen +/- pelvis. If high pretest probability for Type A, perform study gated.
6. DOUBLE RULE OUT: Specific protocol designed for optimal enhancement of both the pulmonary arteries and thoracic aorta. Rule out PE and aortic dissection. We DO NOT perform triple rule protocols.
Cardiac MRI protocols
10. Shunt ASD, VSD, PAPVR
Please reference North American Society of Cardiovascular Imaging NASCI website Cardiovascular Imaging Curriculum: http://www.nasci.org/Education/Education-with-NASCI
Please see Cardiothoracic Teaching Folder on the V drive for reference articles. Reference ABR core study guide articles for Cardiac Imaging http://pubs.rsna.org/page/radiographics/abr-core-exam-study-gu